A Brief History
As the profession grew in both size and stature, the European Chiropractors Union, which has been in existence since 1932, accepted the need to differentiate its academic and research work from that of its political role. After consultation with the profession through a working party, the concept of the academy was devised.
In 2006, the General Council of the European Chiropractic Union unanimously created a post graduate academy of chiropractic which is the “academic arm” of the Union. This has absorbed, in part, the function of the ECU’s Board of Education, Professional Council and Research Council. The EAC will only accept graduates and faculty members from chiropractic institutions accredited by the Councils on Chiropractic Education International, or through its regional representative the European Council on Chiropractic Education.